Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Onto the next adventure....

The next adventure we, the kids and I, took was a visit to Canada. My brother Brett was coming home from his mission and we wanted in on the fun. So I grabbed some courage and took the kids on a plane ride alone. We survived, and I would do it again if needed, but it was not so joyous.

Our flight took us through Toronto, which meant that we had to go through customs and security before we could board our next plane. I had come prepared and Grandma had sent a child harness for Lucy to wear. She was not a fan.....Lucy loves to run and explore and has not yet learned that sometimes she needs to stand right by Mommy. Customs was a very, very large room with rows of people waiting. There I stood with a infant in a stroller and a screaming 2 year old. Luckily, we got through quickly. It was a long day and this was the result.....
Our flight landed at 1:00AM Harrisburg time. Lucy managed to stay awake the entire trip until we started to taxi to the gate. She even stayed asleep while a kind man next to me carried her to the baggage claim where we met Carla.

We had so much fun with cousins and grandparents and getting to see Brett get off the plan that it made it all worth it. I don't have many pictures of the trip as our camera started acting funny and has now decided to completely die. The fun included an early Easter egg hunt, lots of movie parties and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment